Las Vegas Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
When you’ve suffered a paralyzing injury to the spinal cord, your life will probably never be the same. You will likely need personal assistance, one or more medical devices, physical therapy, and a lifetime of medical care. You many also suffer emotional anguish and psychological trauma requiring years of psychotherapy to help you adjust to your altered state. You may need occupational therapy to learn new employment skills, or you may never be able to work again in any capacity. If you are married, your relationship with your spouse will be forever changed. If you have children, you will not be the one to teach then to ride a bike, and you probably won’t be shooting hoops with them in the driveway.
If your injury was caused by someone else’s reckless or negligent act, you have the right to make a claim against the individual, company, or government entity responsible for causing it.
Experienced Legal Representation for Catastrophic Injuries
When you select an attorney to represent you in your claim to recover compensation, you need to look for long years of experience in representing victims of catastrophic injuries. Your damages go far beyond medical bills. Spinal cord injuries touch nearly every aspect of your life, and for the most part, they are permanent. These are high stakes cases, and you need to have an attorney who understands just how far-reaching the effects of the injuries are—one who is able to determine a value for your case that will fairly compensate you for all of the many damages you and your family have suffered and will continue to suffer into the indefinite future.
Spinal cord and catastrophic injury attorney Eric Woods is one of the most experienced and highly skilled personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas. He has been successfully battling the insurance companies on behalf of injured clients for more than thirty years and has an impressive record of settlements and verdicts that have allowed those with the worst injuries to pick up the pieces of their lives and move on.
Spinal Cord Injury Damages
Whether you are suffering from paraplegia or quadriplegia or if you have a limited amount of sensation from an incomplete spinal cord injury, Eric will demand a settlement that compensates you fully for economic and non-economic damages, both those you are experiencing now and those that can be projected into the future.
Economic damages that affect many victims of spinal cord injuries include
- Costs of medical care including emergency room treatment, hospitalizations, surgeries, follow-up treatment, projected future medical and surgical procedures
- Cost of rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational, and psychological therapy
- Loss of income and future earning capability
- Expenses for outfitting a home with to accommodate your disability, including installing wheelchair ramps and lifts, lowering counters, widening doorframes, and any other required alterations
- Cost of purchasing or outfitting a vehicle with lifts or special controls
- Cost of in-home nursing and personal care assistance
- Ventilators, catheters, braces, colostomy supplies, and other medical devices
Non-economic damages often include
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, mental anguish, and psychological disturbance
- Lost mobility; disability; disfigurement
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Impaired marital relations
Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
You can count on Eric Woods to bring the full force of his legal knowledge and long years of experience to fight for a settlement or jury verdict that will take care of you and your family for the remainder of your life. Call (702) 737-0000 Eric Woods Law today to schedule your free case review.